Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thanks for the Memories....I guess...

Well, this is the last blog post I am making in regards to my semester in China. I have been back home for a little less than a week, which has been enough time for me to think about the semester and the good times that occurred.

Therefore, I figured I would take this post to make some observations I made during the semester. Wherever I take this blog (I am still trying to figure out if I want to continue writing the blog), I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have writing it.
Chinese drivers are so good, they are bad.
  • Chinese motorcycle drivers, well, they are just bad. 
  • The elderly do not care who you are. If you are in their way, you will be pushed out of their way. 
  • I have seen them work out. I do not want to pick a fight with the elderly. 
  • Go ahead, try to clear your throat which in any city in China. It won't work. 
  • If she calls you "高富帅" (Gāofùshuài), that's a good thing. 
  • The seven year hypothesis? I am a believer in it now. 
  • If you are someone who plays a lot of online games, you will feel right at home. 
  • Go to Macau, get some fresh air, lose a little money, jump off a building. Just like I did! 
  • Sometimes, it is better to be a jerk when you want to make a reasonable deal. 
  • All right, most of the time, it is better to be a jerk to make a good deal. 
  • All right, all the time. If they are mad at you by the end of it, you made a good deal. 
  • When in Beijing, sometimes you just need to speak another language. Like French. French works. 
  • Sometimes the food on the side of the street is better than the food in the restaurants. Actually, make that most of the time. 
  • Basketball and college students just goes together so nicely there. 
  • You want some cigarettes? Why not try the crane game? You could always win some stuffed animals as well. 
I am sure there are a lot of things that I have forgotten, but I can't just tell you about all my adventures. You just have to go there yourself and make your own stories. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment